Terms of Service
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BUYING PRODUCTS AND BROWSING
Welcome to Lucent Globe Pty Ltd (the Company).
In these terms, we also refer to the Company as “our”, “we”, or “us”.
What are these terms about?
These terms apply when you use this website, being lucentglobe.com and any other websites we operate with the same domain name and a different extension (“Website”).
These terms also apply when you purchase products through this Website (“Products”).
How do I read these terms?
We have separated these terms into three parts, so that they are easy to read and understand.
Those parts are:
- Part A: Terms for when you buy Products (applies when you buy)
- Part B: Terms for when you browse and interact with this Website (applies when you browse)
- Part C: Liability and warranties, and interpretation provisions (applies to both buying and browsing)
Please let us know if you have any questions about these terms, and don’t continue using this Website or purchase any Products unless you have read and agree to these terms.
I’ve returned to your Website, do I need to read these terms again?
Once you place an Order, the terms accepted at the point of sale will apply to your purchase of those Products. However, please note that we may change any part of these terms at any time by updating this page of the Website, so you may find that different terms apply next time you use this Website or purchase Products. You can check the date at the top of this page to see when we last updated these terms.
A. For When You Buy Products or Begin a Subscription
- By submitting an order for purchase of a Product or to begin receiving Products on a subscription basis (“Subscription”) using the Website’s functionality (“Order”) you represent and warrant that:
- you have the legal capacity and are of sufficient age to enter into a binding contract with us; and
- you are authorised to use the debit card, credit card or other payment device you provide with your Order.
- Submitting an Order constitutes your intention and offer to enter into Part A of these terms (including Part C which you agreed to by using this Website) where we will provide you with:
- in the case of a single Order, the Products you have ordered in exchange for your payment of the total amount listed upon checkout; or’
- in the case of a Subscription, the Products you have chosen to receive at regular intervals in exchange for a payment each time the Products are shipped to you.
- Part A of these terms is not agreed between you and us until we have approved your payment and you receive an email from us confirming that your order is being processed.
- To submit an Order, purchase a Product, or begin a Subscription, you may be required to sign-up, register and receive an account through the Website (an Account).
- As part of the Account registration process and as part of your continued use of the Website, you may be required to provide personal information and details, such as your email address, first and last name, preferred username, a secure password, billing, postal and physical addresses, mobile phone number, bank account information, and other information as determined by us from time to time.
- You warrant that any information you give to us in the course of completing the Account registration process will always be accurate, honest, correct and up-to-date.
- Once you complete the Account registration process, we may, in our absolute discretion, choose to accept you as a registered user within the Website and provide you with an Account.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, suspend or cancel your Account for any reason, including for any failure to comply with these terms.
- We will endeavour to ensure that the Products provided will be substantially the same as the Products displayed on our Website, or as otherwise agreed with you in writing prior to you placing your Order. However, elements of the Products such as the colour or size of the packaging may appear differently on our Website.
- Until the price of your Products is paid in full, title in those Products is retained by the Company. Risk in the Products will pass to you on delivery in accordance with clause 4. Delivery must not be refused by you.
- All prices are:
- per unit (except where indicated);
- in Australian Dollars; and
- subject to change prior to you completing an Order without notice.
- (Payment obligations for single Orders) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you must pay for all Products in a single Order at the time of placing an Order.
- (Payment obligations for Subscriptions) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you must pay each payment obligation of any Subscription as required to continue receiving Products.
- (GST) Unless otherwise indicated, amounts stated on the Website do not include GST. In relation to any GST payable for a taxable supply by the Company, you must pay the GST subject to the Company providing a tax invoice.
- (Card surcharges) The Company reserves the right to charge credit card surcharges in the event that payments are made using a credit, debit or charge card (including Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
- (Online payment partner) We may use third-party payment providers (Payment Providers) to collect payments for Products. The processing of payments by the Payment Provider will be, in addition to these terms, subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Provider and we are not liable for the security or performance of the Payment Provider. We reserve the right to correct, or to instruct our Payment Provider to correct, any errors or mistakes in collecting your payment.
- (Pricing errors) In the event that we discover an error or inaccuracy in the price at which your order was purchased (including shipping prices), we will attempt to contact you and inform you of this as soon as possible. You will then have the option of purchasing your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If you choose to cancel your order and payment has already been debited, the full amount will be credited back to your original method of payment.
- CANCELLATION BY US
We reserve the right to cancel your order for any reason and will notify you of this as soon as possible. Where payment has already been debited, the full amount will be credited back to your original method of payment.
- CANCELLATION BY YOU
You may cancel your Order up to the time that we confirm your Order in writing to you. Once we confirm your Order, your Order is binding and cannot be changed by you. However, our refunds and exchanges process in clause 5.3 may apply.
- RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
- We will provide a full refund of the price paid for a Product, excluding shipping fees, for change of mind within 30 days of the date the Order that the Product is associated with was shipped if we determine that:
- The Product is unused and in the same condition that it was received in; and
- The Product is sealed in its original packaging along with all accompanying materials.
- We will provide a full refund of the price paid for a Product, excluding shipping fees, if we determine that:
- a Product you have ordered was not received by you solely due to failure by us;
- a Product provided to you was not substantially the same as the Product you ordered as displayed on our Website (subject to reasonable variation as a result of screen display, colour and brightness, and image quality); or
- a Product is faulty, in accordance with clause 5.3(c), in which case we may provide store credit, a replacement or a full refund of the price paid for a Product.
- (Faulty products) The following process applies to any Product you believe to be faulty.
- If you believe your Product is faulty, please contact us using the details provided on our Website with a full description of the fault (including images).
- If we determine that your Product may be faulty, we will request that you send the Product back to us at your cost for further inspection, including any accessories, manuals, documentation or registration shipped with the Product. We reserve the right to further inspection before deeming a Product faulty.
- If we determine in our reasonable opinion that the Product is not faulty, or is faulty due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, or failure to take reasonable care, we will refuse your return and send the Product back to you at your cost.
- If we determine that the Product is faulty, we will issue you with a store credit, replacement or refund (including shipping costs) depending on the nature of the fault. All refunds will be credited back to your original method of payment unless you request otherwise and we approve this request.
- If you fail to comply with the provisions of this clause 5 in respect of a faulty Product, we may, in our absolute discretion, issue only a partial refund or no refund in respect of the faulty Product.
- Nothing in this clause 5 is intended to limit or otherwise affect the operation of any manufacturers’ warranties which you may be entitled to or any of your rights which cannot be excluded under applicable law.
- All refunds under this clause 5.3 are subject to receipt by us of the Product. Shipping for the purposes of a refund under this clause 5.3, including costs and damaged or lost items, will be at your risk.
- 30-day money back guarantee policy
First time Orders of one of our single-box Products are eligible for a full refund of the price paid for the Product, excluding shipping fees, within 30 days of Order confirmation if you are unhappy or unsatisfied with the Product. If you wish to be refunded under this clause 5.4, please contact us via email.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The Company retains all intellectual property rights in the design of the Products, including the labelling and packaging, or those rights are owned by a third party. You must not attempt to copy, reproduce, manufacture or otherwise commercialise the Products.
- In this clause 6, “intellectual property rights” means all copyright, trade mark, design, patent, semiconductor and circuit layout rights, trade, business, company and domain names, confidential and other proprietary rights, and any other rights to registration of such rights whether created before or after the date of these terms both in Australia and throughout the world.
- THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS
- We may do any of the following:
- outsource any part of performing any services related to providing the Products, including delivery of your Products; or
- procure materials and Products from third party suppliers,
without further notice to or permission from you.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, we will not be liable for any acts or omissions of those third parties, including where such third parties cause delay or damage to any part of your Order, or are negligent in providing services or goods.
B. For When You Browse This Website…
- ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
You must only use the Website in accordance with these terms and any applicable laws, and must ensure that your employees, sub-contractors and any other agents who use or access the Website comply with these terms and any applicable laws.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS
You must not:
- copy, mirror, reproduce, translate, adapt, vary, modify, sell, decipher or decompile any part or aspect of the Website without the express consent of the Company;
- use the Website for any purpose other than the purposes of browsing, selecting or purchasing Products;
- use, or attempt to use, the Website in a manner that is illegal or fraudulent or facilitates illegal or fraudulent activity;
- use, or attempt to use, the Website in a manner that may interfere with, disrupt or create undue burden on the Website or the servers or networks that host the Website;
- use the Website with the assistance of any automated scripting tool or software;
- act in a way that may diminish or adversely impact the reputation of the Company, including by linking to the Website on any other website; and
- attempt to breach the security of the Website, or otherwise interfere with the normal functions of the Website, including by:
- gaining unauthorised access to Website accounts or data;
- scanning, probing or testing the Website for security vulnerabilities;
- overloading, flooding, mailbombing, crashing or submitting a virus to the Website; or
- instigate or participate in a denial-of-service attack against the Website.
- INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
- While we make every effort to ensure that the information on the Website is as up-to-date and accurate as possible, you acknowledge and agree that we do not (to the maximum extent permitted by law) guarantee that:
- the Website will be free from errors or defects (or both, as the case may be);
- the Website will be accessible at all times;
- information you receive through the Website will be secure or confidential; and
- any information provided through the Website is accurate or true.
- We reserve the right to change any information or functionality on the Website by updating the Website at any time without notice, including product descriptions, prices and other Website Content.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The Company retains ownership of the Website and all materials on the Website (including text, graphics, logos, design, icons, images, sound and video recordings, pricing, downloads and software) (Website Content) and reserves all rights in any intellectual property rights owned or licensed by it not expressly granted to you.
- You may make a temporary electronic copy of all or part of the Website for the sole purpose of viewing it. You must not otherwise reproduce, transmit, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish the Website or any Website Content without prior written consent from the Company or as permitted by law.
- In this clause 11, “intellectual property rights” means all copyright, trade mark, design, patent, semiconductor and circuit layout rights, trade, business, company and domain names, confidential and other proprietary rights, and any other rights to registration of such rights whether created before or after the date of these terms both in Australia and throughout the world.
- THIRD PARTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You acknowledge and agree that third party terms & conditions (Third Party Terms) may apply.
- You agree to any Third Party Terms applicable to any third party goods and services, and the Company will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you in connection with such Third Party Terms.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- The Website may contain links to other websites that are not our responsibility. We have no control over the content of any linked websites, and we are not responsible for that content.
- Inclusion of any linked website on the Website does not imply our approval or endorsement of the linked website.
The Company does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to computer systems, mobile phones or other electronic devices arising in connection with use of the Website. You should take your own precautions to ensure that the process that you employ for accessing the Website does not expose you to risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference.
- REPORTING MISUSE
If you become aware of misuse of the Website by any person, any errors in the material on the Website or any difficulty in accessing or using the Website, please contact us immediately using the contact details or form provided on our Website.
C. Liability And Other Legal Terms
- (Liability) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Company limits all liability in aggregate of all claims to you (and any third parties who encounter the services or goods through you) for loss or damage of any kind, however arising whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute, equity, indemnity or otherwise, arising from or relating in any way to this agreement or any goods or services provided by the Company to the total Fees paid by you to the Company under the most recent Order.
- Claims for loss of or damage to Products in transit must be made against the carrier.
- All other express or implied representations and warranties in relation to Products and the associated services performed by the Company are, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, excluded.
- Nothing in this agreement is intended to limit the operation of the Australian Consumer Law contained in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (ACL). Under the ACL, you may be entitled to certain remedies (like a refund, replacement or repair) if there is a failure with the goods or services we provide.
- (Indemnity) You indemnify the Company and its employees, contractors and agents in respect of all liability for any claim(s) by any person (including any third party who encounter the services or goods through you) arising from your or your representatives’:
- breach of any third party intellectual property rights;
- breach of any of these terms;
- use of the Website;
- negligent, wilful, fraudulent or criminal act or omission; or
- use of any goods or services provided by the Company.
- (Consequential loss) To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will the Company be liable for any incidental, special or consequential loss or damages, or damages for loss of data, business or business opportunity, goodwill, anticipated savings, profits or revenue arising under or in connection with this Website, these terms or any Products or services provided by the Company (except to the extent this liability cannot be excluded under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)).
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This agreement is governed by the law applying in Queensland, Australia. Each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia and courts of appeal from them in respect of any proceedings arising out of or in connection with these terms. Each party irrevocably waives any objection to the venue of any legal process on the basis that the process has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
No party to these terms may rely on the words or conduct of any other party as a waiver of any right unless the waiver is in writing and signed by the party granting the waiver.
Any term of these terms which is wholly or partially void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable. The validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms is not limited or otherwise affected.
- JOINT AND SEVERAL LIABILITY
An obligation or a liability assumed by, or a right conferred on, two or more persons binds or benefits them jointly and severally.
A party cannot assign, novate or otherwise transfer any of its rights or obligations under these terms without the prior written consent of the other party.
Except as otherwise provided in these terms, each party must pay its own costs and expenses in connection with negotiating, preparing, executing and performing these terms.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This agreement embodies the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior negotiation, conduct, arrangement, understanding or agreement, express or implied, in relation to the subject matter of these terms.
- (singular and plural) words in the singular includes the plural (and vice versa);
- (currency) a reference to $, or “dollar”, is to Australian currency;
- (gender) words indicating a gender includes the corresponding words of any other gender;
- (defined terms) if a word or phrase is given a defined meaning, any other part of speech or grammatical form of that word or phrase has a corresponding meaning;
- (person) a reference to “person” or “you” includes an individual, the estate of an individual, a corporation, an authority, an association, consortium or joint venture (whether incorporated or unincorporated), a partnership, a trust and any other entity;
- (party) a reference to a party includes that party’s executors, administrators, successors and permitted assigns, including persons taking by way of novation and, in the case of a trustee, includes any substituted or additional trustee;
- (these terms) a reference to a party, clause, paragraph, schedule, exhibit, attachment or annexure is a reference to a party, clause, paragraph, schedule, exhibit, attachment or annexure to or of these terms, and a reference to these terms includes all schedules, exhibits, attachments and annexures to it;
- (document) a reference to a document (including these terms) is to that document as varied, novated, ratified or replaced from time to time;
- (headings) headings and words in bold type are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation;
- (includes) the word “includes” and similar words in any form is not a word of limitation; and
- (adverse interpretation) no provision of these terms will be interpreted adversely to a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of these terms or that provision.
- Any notices required to be sent under this agreement must be sent via email using the party’s email addresses set out in this agreement, and the email’s subject heading must refer to the name and date of this agreement.
- If no email address is stated in this agreement, the notice may be sent to the email address most commonly used by the parties to correspond in relation to this agreement at the time the notice is sent.
- The notice will be considered to be delivered 24 hours after it was sent, unless the sender has reason to believe the email failed to send or was otherwise not delivered or received.